Top-Ten Thanksgiving Foods

Brooke Gray, Student Life Editor

Top 10 Thanksgiving foods.

Can’t think on what you want for your Thanksgiving feast this upcoming Thanksgiving look no further with these top ten Thanksgiving meals that any age will enjoy. Plus with facts!

1. Roast Turkey: When the colonist came over to the new land to have the feast with the natives in a multiple journals they went on a hunting trip for wild turkeys, and since it was a scrumptious bird for them it continued on as a tradition.
  2. Sweet Potato Casserole: This was the time when everything started to come into cans having preparing time decrease than it use to be, also another reason this was created was that no one dared to put candy or sweets into meals fearing it would ruin the meal.
  3. Green Bean Casserole: It’s a true dish on how home taste reminding others on their childhood,but shocker many people who make it on Thanksgiving don’t like the taste while others do.
  4. Stuffing: This was also shown to the colonist by the natives just a simple flour base stuffing but everywhere in the world have their own version of a stuffing. Places with more corn has corn stuffing while places with more spices have it more a spicy stuffing.
  5. Cranberry sauce: Cranberry’s were used in others way such as dyes for fabrics and paints and also for medicine to help or prevent bladder and kidney diseases.
  6. Mashed potatoes: Back in the day potatoes weren’t every appetising for many since people would either eat them raw or unseasoned and boiled. The French mashed their potatoes adding salt and butter having others start to enjoy them
  7. Pies: Pies were not always America’s favorite dessert – in the 19th Century, fruit pies were a common breakfast food eaten before the start of a long day, also Ancient Egyptians eaten pies made with ground oats or wheat wrapped around a filling of honey or figs.
  8. Rolls: Flat bread was first invented from baking crushed grains but later on yeast was discovered so the dough can rise.
  9. Cheesecake: It is believed that cheesecakes were served to athletes competing during the first Olympic games in 776 B.C. to give them energy.
  10. Butternut Squash: Butternut squash, sometimes known in Australia and New Zealand as butternut pumpkin or gramma.