Humans of ER: Eric Hogan

Caleb Walter-Goodspeed, Editorial Board

With new changes to the admin staff this year we were granted one of the best in the business with Eric Hogan. Hogan has been at every school in the Puyallup School District and now with the addition of him to the ER staff this year we should see some major changes. Hogan, who is originally from Kansas, grew up in Federal Way and attended Thomas Jefferson High School. Every August he flies back to Kansas to see family and friends.

“He is my hero” Bob Frey said while interviewing Hogan. He graduated from Thomas Jefferson with two varsity letters in Cross Country as well as track. Attending WSU, he ran track, graduated and went straight into the teaching field where he student taught at PHS in 1987. He went on to teach at Franklin Pierce where he taught History and math. He coached cross country as well as girls basketball. He then travelled to Bremerton High School where he was an admin/principal. He later travelled to Ballou, PHS again and Rogers. Now he is here at Emerald Ridge and he says he “couldn’t be happier.” Hogan has expressed that he “is very excited to be an admin at Emerald Ridge this year” and that he “can’t wait to see what is in store for him this year.” With all of Hogan’s experience we are blessed with a man who is passionate about our school as well as the people within it. Hogan’s energy and positivity will help make the 2016-2017 school year a memorable one.