Step Team Mesmerizes ERHS with their moves

Back to Article
Back to Article

Caleb Walter-Goodspeed, Reporter

The ERHS Step Team has been the center of attention throughout this school year. From performing at assembly’s to basketball games, they have done it all. Having a scarce few members can be tough at times but “we have overcome it,” said Step Team and ERHS Dance Team member Donovan Saunders. Saunders has been the main focus of everyone this year because he is filling the shoes of former talented dance team member, Brandon Carter.

“He was amazing. Hopefully I can live up to what he accomplished last year,” said Saunders. His moves mesmerize the people that watch him perform and seeing as he is only a sophomore, he has a long road ahead and will continue to grow as a dancer. The team has performed a lot this year and have also teamed up with the ERHS Dance Team to make their performances even more memorable.

“They are amazing and they look like they are having a lot of fun while they are performing. It really looks like the team loves what they do,” said Junior Tatum Marshall when she was asked about the team.

The Step Team has a performance on March 10th at the Unified Basketball game in the ERHS Gym.

Advisors Lyndsey Hepworth and Kelley Connor help run this program and help it go smooth.
“I am excited to see what the team has in store for our school during the rest of the year,” said an elated Marshall. The team practices during Jag time in the Gym on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 2:30 to 4:00 pm.