We are ER project

In honor of the conclusion of Emerald Ridge's 15th school year, JagWire takes a look at some things found only at ER.

June 4, 2015

Emerald Ridge High School is a special place. It is more than a school. It is a community and with every community there is a story. The story of ER has been growing for 15 school years and it will reach a new milestone this September during the 15th anniversary of its opening.

Next school year will present many changes, with an all new administrative team, many new teachers and another class of students.

Looking back, ER has experienced everything. From the 2001 Nisqually Earthquake, to being the center of a lawsuit when JagWire was sued for its 2008 edition on oral sex. ER’s had its share of state-winning sports teams and dozens of SPSL championships. ER’s DECA and HOSA programs have flourished.

There are many things that make ER great, and below are a few that stand out.

The iconic clocktower, the place that many students want to climb. Contrary to popular belief, the clocktower was included in the original school blueprints, and did not replace the possibility of a swimming pool.