Winter Hobbies

Dominic Gaul, Reporter

Many people do different things in the winter as hobbies whether it’s a collection of scarves or random odds and ends, or activities such as snowboarding and skiing. Some prefer to stay inside to do different things that others wouldn’t think of it’s all what you find to be a winter hobby.

Junior Tristan Kennedy has a common winter hobby that is also an interesting fun one as well.

A Lot of people enjoy snowboarding for the joy and sensation it brings to the person along with sliding cars. Kennedy had said that he loves just to be able to go up to snoqualmie and snowboard and have some fun sliding his car around in the snow.

“I like the cold air and the wind against my face and going side to side down the mountain doing different things,” Kennedy said.

Most people think of winter hobbies as something you do outdoors in the snow but some people have less conventional hobbies that they stay inside for, Junior Jeffrey Fahnlander is one such person.

“2k that’s my winter hobby I really enjoy staying inside and playing 2k in the winter with my friends at my house or online,” Fahnlander said.

2k is a basketball video game where you can play on your favorite team or as your favorite team or create your own character and go through the process of going from high school to being drafted in the NBA. The game is released in late fall everywhere with a new edition.

Winter hobbies vary, whether it be snowboarding or skiing or just staying inside playing a game with your friends, a winter hobby however different it is can still be one for you to enjoy. Who knows what yours could be as long as you enjoy doing it do it.