New Admin Addition: Miguel Perez

Caleb Walter-Goodspeed, Editorial Board

Emerald Ridge has yet again been blessed with another amazing admin joining the staff this year. Miguel Perez will be now stationed at Emerald Ridge after his time at Ridgecrest Elementary. He and our former administrator Mrs. Fox will be switching places this year with Fox taking over as the principal at Ridgecrest. Mr. Perez comes to us having taught formerly at Puyallup High School and Federal Way High School where he taught with our former admin, Richard Lasso and Kamrica Ary-Turner. Perez attended Western Washington University to get his undergraduates degree and to play football. He later attended the University of Hawaii for grad school where he taught English and coached basketball for a short period of time.

“I am excited to be an admin in a new school this year. It will be a new transition for me,” Perez said.

His daughter attends Karshner elementary so it benefits him to be able to be in the same area as his child while she is attending school. Emerald Ridge has had numerous admin changes within the past two years and these changes have benefitted the school and the students. Meeting the new admin with their new styles of teaching has helped with our school growing, implementing new rules, policies and has also helped our students grow and perform better.

Perez said he is “excited and ready to see what the new school year brings.” With the addition of a new member to the admin staff, Emerald Ridge should open our doors with warm smiles and positivity while welcoming Perez to our school this year. It is always exciting to see what a new administrator will bring to our school to help us become better.