Varsity Boys Basketball strives for spot in 4A district playoffs

ERHS Boys Basketball will face Thomas Jefferson High School Feb. 7 in the SPSL playoffs.

Catherine Mann, News Editor

The Emerald Ridge Boys Basketball team is currently playing in the SPSL playoffs. They will play their next game Feb. 7 at noon at Bethel High School against Thomas Jefferson High School.

The ER Jaguars won their Feb. 3 playoff game versus Bethel 21 to 18. The team lost their game versus Kentlake Feb. 5, but they have not lost hope yet. If they win their next game – a winner moves on and loser drops out game – they will move on to 4A High Schools Districts. It starts Thursday, Feb. 12 if they win.

The match will be against Thomas Jefferson Raiders and if the Jaguars win, they will take a spot along with 10 other advancing teams. According to Maxpreps.org, the Raiders have a regular season record of 10 wins and 10 losses and a district record of four wins and eight losses. They are ranked 89th in Washington.

The team has an overall season record of nine wins and 12 losses, and a district record of six wins and seven losses. They are ranked 144th in the state. Their best game of the season was against long-time ER rival Rogers High School, where they won 66 to 48.

“The kids have been doing great all year,” Coach Patrick Mullen said. “We’ve had some good moments and some bad moments. We’ve been playing up and down all season.”